Great Mountain Views Villa Resort
East Bali’s Best-Kept Secret!
Welcome to Great Mountain Views
Great Mountain Views (GMV) is a family-run nature resort near Sidemen, Bali.
Established in 2008, our resort offers spectacular views of Mount Agung, Bali’s most important mountain and home to the island’s main temple complex, Besakih.
GMV is a unique resort and the perfect base for exploring Bali’s beautiful natural environment and culture. The tranquillity and charm of GMV’s location, immersed in the Balinese countryside, is the perfect accompaniment to the spectacular views of Mount Agung.
GMV is surrounded by traditional rice fields, yet our 11 villas – all with private verandas or balconies facing the mountain – offer all the comfort and facilities the modern holidaymaker expects.
Whether you’re seeking peace and quiet or an adventure-packed holiday, GMV is your perfect base for exploring East Bali in all its natural beauty.
A big thank you to all our wonderful customers
What Is GMV?
Great Mountain Views Villa Resort (GMV) features 11 rooms, all of them provided with en-suite bathrooms and private verandas facing the mountain. We offer four types of villas – Melati, Frangipani, Jasmine, and Lotus – and several room types (twin, double, triple, and family).
Our Melati and Frangipani Villas boast spectacular panoramic views of Mt Agung, while our Jasmine and Lotus Villas offer beautiful vistas of our luscious Balinese garden.
The resort also features an attractive, Balinese-style restaurant and two pagodas for private dining. Guests are welcome to enjoy their breakfast (included in the price of the room) on their own, private veranda, or in the restaurant.
Being at GMV means living close to nature. Our garden is laid out with many types of flowers and trees, and the resort borders on traditional rice fields and a fruit plantation.
We were very fortunate in that GMV was built on land bordering the rice fields. This enables us to enjoy the stunning views of these rice fields (which form part of a UNESCO world heritage site) without being detrimental to them.
GMV In a Nutshell
- unique, family-run nature resort near Sidemen
- charming villas with private verandas facing the mountain & rice fields
- magnificent views of Mt Agung – possibly the best resort views (direct and unhindered) in the area of Sidemen
- modest swimming pool & space for meditation and other forms of relaxation
- range of activities (such as temple visits, mountain hikes, rice-field walks, waterfall tour, and massages) available
- Balinese-style restaurant serving delicious food (Indonesian and European cuisine)
- beautiful Balinese garden, featuring many different types of trees and flowers
- fast internet throughout the resort (since 2022!)
- pick-up and drop-off service from various locations (additional fee applies)
- transport & car rental, incl. driver (additional fee applies)