Most guests use GMV as a base from which they enjoy other activities in the vicinity, such as tours and treks of Mt Agung, walks through the rice fields or alongside the river, hiking, rafting, snorkelling, and much more. Others opt to book one of our half-day or full-day tours, for instance to Besakih Temple and Tirtaganga Water Palace. Yet other guests prefer to do as little as possible – they visit us to enjoy the tranquility of our resort, and to watch the sun set over Mt Agung while enjoying a dinner in one of our private pagodas overlooking the ricefields, a dinner cooked partly with produce from our own organic garden. Perhaps at one point during their stay they will endeavour to recreate the taste of Bali by signing up for our cooking course. Some guests enjoy practising yoga at sunrise, while others enjoy a traditional, relaxing massage after visiting a local temple in the morning. Others visit us before or after a week-long stay on one of Bali’s superb beaches, aiming to add an element of rest or adventure to their holiday. Nyoman and his wife Wayan, who live locally and know the area inside out, will be happy to assist you in any way during your visit, and they are also happy to help you plan the rest of your visit or suggest other activities/routes.
Getting married or looking for an original honeymoon destination?
We also offer honeymoon packages and to our delight have already welcomed some newly-weds to GMV. We have also organised a few exclusive and very private weddings, taking care of everything, from ceremony and catering (including a delicious wedding cake) to the decorations in some cases, while only providing accommodation for the bridal couple and their guests on other. Drop Clare a line if you are interested in using GMV as your wedding venue and to discuss possibilities .
- villas with private verandas facing the mountain
- restaurant with stunning and unhindered views of the mountain (Indonesian and European cuisine)
- organic vegetable patch and unique Balinese garden
- from 2017: swimming pool
- Balinese massage and beauty treatments (currently on a bookable basis; please reserve your treatment 48 hours in advance via Clare if possible)
- tours, tour guides and transport can be booked in advance by contacting Clare, or once you’re at the resort, through our front office; we are also happy to assist you in making any further travel arrangements.
- Wifi available throughout the resort (please note that due to our isolated location our Internet connection, though normally good, can be patchy at times)
- pick-up and drop-off service to and from Denpasar Airport (additional fee applies – enquire with Clare)
- car and motorbike rental (additional fee applies – enquire with Clare)
The nearest doctor is located at a distance of ca. 2 kms (a 15-minute drive); this doctor also pays visits to the resort if necessary. The nearest hospital is located at approximately 1,5 km from the resort (a 10-minute drive).